Accu-Tuner (version I) price

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 10:41:21 MST 2007

On 11/21/07, Jon Page <jonpage at comcast.net> wrote:
> Why buy old technology? I'm thinking of selling my Verituner100
> since I now have the VT Pocket. The VT does a superior tuning
> without the need for the fancy footwork required of other ETD's.

In my opinion, the VT does a good job on well-scaled pianos.  It is
limited on spinets and consoles.  I'm told one can alter the "stock"
tuning programs for these problem pianos to more closely match what a
good aural tuner can do.

In my efforts to program the device to that end, I was spending too
much time trying to program the durn thing, then having to use aural
tests on every piano to check whether the program was doing it right.
In frustration, I decided to ditch it and go back to aural only.

If I had to use an ETD, I'd go with a Reyburn CyberTuner.  I've not
used the RCT, but it seems to approach calculating a tuning better
than the VT.

--
JF