Accu-Tuner (version I) price

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 21 16:34:28 MST 2007

John,
The stock tuning program in the VT100 is rather FACish in that it
only changes interval priority on those three points.  You don't have
to leave it that way.  I programmed mine with a balance of three
different appropriate intervals for each octave of the piano and I am
pleased with it now.  The standard tuning is easy to improve on, but
if you identify which partials you work with in each octave and then
permanently program them into the VT100/Pocket, it will tune the way
you do without fail every time.

In theory you could have partial priority set for even narrower spans
on the piano but averaging priorities across each octave has worked
well for me.  You do start by tuning A3 and A4 first, or the whole
temperament octave, and then tune from the bottom up.  That is quite
simple compared to the other "calculated" curve offerings currently available.

Suffice to say, I'm quite pleased with my VT100 and will get the
Pocket version as a backup in due course.

Andrew Anderson