Accu-Tuner (version I) price

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Wed Nov 21 17:47:33 MST 2007

 >Suffice to say, I'm quite pleased with my VT100 and will get the
 >Pocket version as a backup in due course.

I've tweaked the partial samplings in my VT to tune
the way I do aurally, it just makes it easier to verify :-)

But once you get the VT Pocket, the box will be your backup.

Also I primarily tune a mild Victorian Well Temperament (Coleman 11)
which musically fits pianos better especially smaller pianos.  Why
try to force a mathematical temperament (ET) on a piano that
won't accept it?  If you try to 'fit' ET on all pianos then yes
you are going to have problems. Your function as a piano tuner
is not to force fit an 'idealized' temperament but to tune it
in a manner which makes it melodic and sonorous. Your customers
don't care about ET, only tuning enthusiasts do.(was the PC enough?)

It's the music not the temperament that counts. Music is made with
expression and emotion which is diminished/washed out with the
application of sterile ET. Why else does ET loose out to a Well
Temperament in a side-by-side comparison.

As far as the VT not working well for someone, yeah; my chisel didn't
fair so well until I put a keener edge on it.

Regards,

Jon Page