Renner USA Wips

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Sun Nov 25 14:12:51 MST 2007

Dear List,
On Renner USA, S&S type replacement wips, I have begun to notice a problem with the nylon adjuster nut for spring tension, and the spring itself,  fowling, clicking, and/or hanging up on the jack spoon. This can cause the rep lever to stick in the down position. There are many little factors at play here including, spring adjustment and jack fore/aft. re-bending the spoon will solve the problem but can cause others such as preventing the jack rest felt in the window from doing double duty as a jack stop and a contact for the jack adjustment screw at full stroke.
This seems to be an important consideration.
I would appreciate comment from those who have dealt with this.

 Is Renner out there listening?
Fenton Murray