Killer Tails

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Mon Nov 26 15:53:48 MST 2007

Alan,
1.  Tails and backchecks:  Tails don't need to be "checkered".  What
they need is to be properly arced, and clean.  Use theSpurlock jig to
put a 2.5" to 3" radius on them, with a 80 to 120 grit disc, and you'll
be in business.

2. Yes, Asian rocks.  They should open up with vise grip squeezing,
which might also soften them up enough that you can get a needle in.  If
not, do the Jolly steam thing, then needle as necessary.  But not before
you re-pin to get the friction up where it belongs, and do the regulation.

3.  I did some warranty work on a Hyundai 6 or 7 years ago, at that time
the contact was

Gary Galanti
North American Music Inc.
126 Route 303
West Nyack, NY 10994
Telephone: 845-353-3520
The pianos from that era were manufactured by Samick for Hyundai.
Here is the North American Music website:   http://www.namusic.com/
It looks like they're not repping Hyundai anymore.

Mike