gift certificates

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Tue Nov 27 23:39:05 MST 2007

 John,

I have one on my website.? I haven't gotten much business out of it.? IF it was a hassle I'd probably get rid of it.? But I thought I'd offer you a cautionary tale...

The way I had it originally, there was no disclaimer on it saying that the gift certificate must be purchased.? It seemed as plain as day to me that it was not a "free tuning" coupon.? But lo and behold, I was called by a woman who inquired about tuning, we booked an appointment, I pitch raised and tuned the piano, and at the end of the job was presented with the gift certificate downloaded and printed from my website!!!

I was pretty angry about it, but in the end, I only had myself to blame, really.

Just be careful how you word it...

Dave Stahl, RPT

Dave Stahl Piano Service