Left Handed tuning/pitch raises

Shawn Brock shawn_brock at comcast.net
Thu Nov 29 18:47:07 MST 2007

Michelle:
while learning to tune I had a desire to be able to tune left handed as well as right.  I am right handed but thought that using both hands could help save my shoulder in the future.  My mentor was against my thoughts of tuning left handed.  His explanation was that just like you stated "its easier to pull up than to push up".  I have found this to be vary true.  I have no control or less control any how if I try to push the hammer up rather than pull.  Oh, and by the way the person who talked me in to tuning only with the right hand is a lefty.