gift certificate / credit card

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Fri Nov 30 10:13:14 MST 2007

I started accepting credit cards when I moved to Hawaii this summer. I am not sure yet if it is "making" me any money yet, but it is convenient. The reason I got it is in case?the repairs or regulation are more than the customer can?write a check for.?

There are two instances where?accepting a CC came in handy. One was a customer on a neighboring island who wanted a string cover. She gave me her credit card number over the phone,?and I send her the string cover. The other?was when?I had done about $800 worth of repairs, but the customer?was on the mainland, (the caretaker let me in).?I could have waited for a check to arrive on both cases, but it was nice to have the money right away.

But it does cost a little. There is a regular monthly fee of about $25, plus a small percentage of the total sale. So?the question is, can you justify the cost of the convenience.??I can accept all four major cards.

Accepting a cc is actually very easy.?On your?receipt, or tuning ticket, as I call it, I write?down the cc number and exp. date, and then have the customer sign it. When?I get home, I call a 800 number, and enter all the numbers. The cc company send?my money directly to my bank in about 3 days.

I signed up with this company at the convention?in KC this summer. It's First National of Omaha. For more information give them a call at 800-228-2443, or visit their web site at fnms.com?

BTW, after I signed up, through the Discover card, I was also able to set up a web site. It cost $79 per month, but I can quit any time. Take a look at my site at www.willemblees.com

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician