grand damper springs

Stéphane Collin collin.s at skynet.be
Mon Oct 1 13:18:02 MDT 2007

Hi list.

I wonder about a good system to regulate the damper levers springs in
turn-of-the-century pianos (the former century, I mean) which had springs
pushing on the levers.  Those springs seem inaccessible to me once the
damper under lever rail is installed in the piano.  And once installed, I
can see discrepancies in  those springs which I couldn’t see when the rail
was out.
Anyone more intelligent than I (no big deal) who has coped with this problem
?

Best regards.

Stéphane Collin.