bouncing Schimmel hammers

Richard and Julie Capp capprj at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 14:14:19 MDT 2007

Hi Tom and Wim,
Thanks for your reponses.  Tom, the piano is c. 12 years old, is a teacher's
piano that has had a lot of use from advanced students.  I regulated the
action (blow, let-off, rep sprgs, key level/hgt, backchecks, etc.),  filed
and voiced about 9 months ago. No parts have been replaced, just
reconditioned.   Backchecks are in good shape.  I did not give any attention
to the balance hole, so I need to look at that.

This is not a backcheck issue, because the bouncing happens on a sharp,
staccato blow that does not put the hammer in check.  Wim, it sounds like
you are describing the problem that occurs with a soft/med-soft blow.
(Aloha!  I am happy for your new venture.  Will you be skiing in Colorado
this winter?)

Richard