Broken Plate

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Oct 7 22:27:53 MDT 2007

> Sadly, I suspect you are correct Jon that more soundboard there would be
> a marketing gimmick. However - and I'm just gonna say this because of
> the one-in-a-million chance that someone had their thinking cap on -
> maybe, just maybe, a designer attempted to shape the soundboard such
> that the treble end of the long bridge would be better centered on the
> soundboard. I know, I know, that's pretty ridiculous, but maybe, just maybe?

Leaving intent and marketing to fall where it may, the treble
end of the bridge is indeed more nearly centered on the
rib(s). The thing actually seems to have been well thought out
and intentioned, and ultimately a victim of long term
structural reality, as can happen when you stray from the path
of mainstream conventionality.

> I don't suppose those Curriers also came equipped with the fabulous "Z-Bar".
>
> Terry Farrell

Z-bar?
Ron N