Sore Thumb E4

Alan Barnard pianotuner at embarqmail.com
Tue Oct 9 20:42:59 MDT 2007

To all with long experience ....

Old Harvard upright. Hammers a little flat from wear, not going to shape them at this time. Piano tuned, Action "basic regulated", i.e., key height, blow, lost motion, let-off, checking, and aftertouch. Play up and down the keys, and E4 is much, MUCH, MUCH louder than it's neighbors on a similar blow. Hammer doesn't look any different than neighbors, strings are not particularly level, but neither are the neighbors.

I didn't think to swap hammers while I was there, but will be returning to work more on this piano.

Whataythinky'all? What am I missing?

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO

P.S. It's not a little louder than other tenor notes it's a LOT louder. Did I mention that?