Glue for laminated rib construction

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Oct 11 12:53:30 MDT 2007

Because I've had a few slabs of ribs change shape after drying out. After a
week or so, once MC is equilibrated to the shop I'm sure they are fine. But
I've made up a few slabs with a curve of X meters and ended up with X-?
meters or X+? meters. Not a big deal even then, cause I can still use 'em.
But it can be frustrating if you want to make a certain radius and use that
certain radius. I simply found that with the Unibond UF adhesive that is
never an issue.

I know you have said that you've not observed any changes in radii when
using Titebond. I'm also quite sure that you are more than sharp enough to
be aware if they had. Must be some difference in technique. I'm not sure
what might account for it.

Like I said, it's happened a few times. Most of the time the ribs maintain
their pressed radius.

So anyway, that's why I've also used an adhesive that doesn't rely on water
being lost from the glue joint.

Terry Farrell