Mystery part

Dave Smith dsmith941 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 14 16:58:27 MDT 2007

OK, I see what you were talking about Dale,   WHen I tried to remove the
plate, there WAS a strip of wood nailed to the stretcher which did interfer
with the plate removal.  Got my trusty baby pry bar and got it off.  Perhaps
a previous rebuilder had put this removable strip on with the finish nails.
Dont know.  But all I need to do is repair the pry bar marks after
reinstallation.  First chance to use the $300+ order of various stuff from
Mohawk.  Life is wonderful.

Dave Smith
SW FL