Mystery part

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Sun Oct 14 17:51:14 MDT 2007

Dave
  Lucky you.  You at least got the intelligent strip O  wood.  I always get
the hard stuff. my Karma
  Dale

OK, I see what you were talking about Dale,   WHen I tried to  remove the
plate, there WAS a strip of wood nailed to the stretcher which  did interfer
with the plate removal.  Got my trusty baby pry bar and  got it off.  Perhaps
a previous rebuilder had put this removable strip  on with the finish nails.
Dont know.  But all I need to do is repair  the pry bar marks after
reinstallation.  First chance to use the $300+  order of various stuff from
Mohawk.  Life is  wonderful.