1965 Petrof Model IV - Rococo style

Plumb Pianos plumbpianos at bellnet.ca
Wed Oct 17 10:07:47 MDT 2007

We have just taken this piano in to sell on consignment.  It hasn't been regulated for at least 20 years - but we can't get the keyslip off to do so.

There are 3 screws that come up from below the keybed which we have removed.  We assume there are dowels from the keyslip into the keybed, but not sure.

We have used a wide but thin chisel to pry up one end of the keyslip, but can't seem to go any further than 3/8 inch at the very left.  1/4 of the way from the bass end the keyslip won't budge.

Anyone any ideas how to get this off?

Paul Plumb