Peeling paint on Samick plate

Geoff Sykes thetuner at ivories52.com
Thu Oct 18 19:44:00 MDT 2007

Greetings all --

I was called to work on a Bernhard Steiner piano today. Bernhard Steiner is
currently owned by Samick. I think the piano was made in 2001 but the
decoding of the serial number doesn't make sense, (KJKJG0141). Wouldn't KJKJ
be 1011/1011? Anyway, attached is a photo of the plate showing the left side
right under the music desk. Notice that the paint is peeling up in a very
large and thick sheet across the curve of the plate. Has anyone else ever
seen this? What did you do to correct, or fix, the problem. I'm thinking
that if we can't get the store that sold it, (rumored to be out of
business), or Samick to cover it under warranty then perhaps some never-fail
CA glue. But... I'm open to suggestions.

-- Geoff Sykes
-- Los Angeles

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
5:47 PM