Harpsichord Tuning Info.

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri Oct 19 06:21:01 MDT 2007

Conrad Hoffsommer wrote:
> Richard Brekne wrote:
>> I'm curious.
>>
>> How many of you who dabble a bit in Harpsichord / Cembalo work do any
>> voicing or regulation work  on them ?
>>
>> RicB
>

> Well, I dabble a bit.  In fact, the clavecin is one of the items on my
> resume which got me this college job.  Orgel didn't hurt, either.

Just came back from doing the first pass on one of the doubles (Z-French
double), here. Hadn't been tuned since May.

Typical for that interval over a wet summer (and still wet fall).
- One string in bottom octave of 4' broken.
- 8' A4 @ 456Hz
- 8' A5 @ 460Hz
- 8' A6 @ 470Hz(highest I could measure on my Korg)
- 4' A6 @ +125¢

Back to plinking...
--
Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- There comes a time in every man's life and I've had plenty of them.
- Casey Stengel