Harpsichord Tuning Info.

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Fri Oct 19 07:53:47 MDT 2007

I'm in there and understand Anne's point.  But some of us have to provide
service because there is no one else around.  As I was putting one church's
harpsichord in playing order for a Messiah performance, I was told that a
local university sold their harpsichord because their piano technician(s)
refused to service it.  They use an electonic keyboard, instead.  I could
hardly
believe my ears--first, that a techncian would be unwilling to provide
necessary service to an institution (I mean, really, it's part of the job)
and
second, that the university would would be bullied so.

If I could find some room in my house and clone myself so I'd have time to
do the work, I'd like to find one of those unfinished or repairable Z boxes
out there that someone would like to unload (for free, of course).

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois