Hot Hide Glue Problem

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Oct 26 11:17:18 MDT 2007

> Inappropriate in a situation where the joint may need to be taken apart
> in 3 years or in 25 years from now. Bad thinking (lack of thinking,
> actually) on my part in this instance.
>
> On 10/26/07, *Ron Nossaman* <rnossaman at cox.net
> <mailto:rnossaman at cox.net>> wrote:
>
>     <snip>
>     Titebond inappropriate? For what?
>     </snip>

Personally, I've seen no indication whatsoever that any
manufacturer gave this any consideration at all in pianos I've
serviced and rebuilt through the years. If they used hide glue
for anything, it was for convenience and effectiveness in
doing the job. I use hide glue for some things for similar
reasons.

Ron N