Appraisal Value

paulrevenkojones at aol.com paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Fri Oct 26 18:05:31 MDT 2007

 Fully concur from Chicago market.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Nereson <dnereson at 4dv.net>
To: Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>
Sent: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 5:47 pm
Subject: Re: Appraisal Value

    If it's tall, with a full-blow action, it's not a spinet.  Even if it's
console size, but has a drop action, it's a "drop-action  console."  If the
rear ends of the keys (capstans) extend under the wippens, then it's a
console.?

?  Yes, a dealer might ask $2K, but through the newspaper, between private
parties, it might be hard to get more than $1200 - $1500 unless the finish
is really like new.  (Looks always seem to matter more than the quality of
the instrument)?

?  --David Nereson, RPT?
?