3 layer overstrung piano

alan forsyth alan at forsythalan.wanadoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 26 19:32:38 MDT 2007

Here is the bridge layout of one of those Nieumeyer uprights.

This piano had a tremendous bass, the full throbbing type: I like my bass to throb!

Interesting was the bass cutoff. The soundboard area was actually very small percentage wise compared with the size of the piano and other uprights.

Unfortunately I was unable to rescue this piano from the Antiques Mafia who had it shipped off to Palermo in Italy.

AF