String spacing problem

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Mon Oct 29 08:42:06 MST 2007

Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com

  I routinely fit hammers to strings or level strings while tuning--in both grands and verticals.  The problem is easy to hear while setting unisons--it's that twang at the beginning of the attack.  It might be mistaken for false beats by some folks because it's impossible to get a good, clean sounding unison.

  Hi,
  For me tuning unlevel strings is like tuning the unison with the string balanced on the end of a pin.
  The unison can be made but will quickly wander.
  Tuning the unison of level strings is easier and lasts longer.
  The same compairson can be made for intervals, but the unison is more important.
  Mother