problem reading posts from this list

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Mon Oct 29 15:03:10 MST 2007

No one is telling anyone not to do anything. Several people are asking
everyone to please refrain from including signature tags that are
off-putting to many people. A new testament quote is really only apropos in
a Christian community. While there may be several Christians on this list,
there are also several other cultures represented here as well. Telling me
that I don't have to read someone's tag line, or even their posts, is an
inadequate solution. I'm here to read about, learn, question about piano
technology, not theological tidbits.

If you're, say, Christian/Lutheran and go to, say, a Jewish synagogue, do
you (intentionally) play Christian/Lutheran hymns when you're done tuning?
Do you head to the office and tell them they need to find Jesus? I doubt it.
You don't do it to your customers, why assail your colleagues, many/most of
whom you do not know, with it? Some of us are Mormons, some Jewish, some
Muslim, some atheist, some Unitarian Universalist. For all we know, some may
follow Sun Myung Moon's Unification Movement or be members of L. Ron
Hubbard's Scientology. Perhaps the majority of techs in the United States
attend Christian church, but our list host (PTG) is an international
organization. The list reaches anyone who cares about piano tech, anywhere
there is Internet access, anywhere on the planet.

It's called Diversity. Recognize it. Respect it. Celebrate it.