Upright loss of repetition

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Mon Oct 29 20:30:53 MST 2007

Hi Dave,

Nope, we got it before.  I'll really scrutinize the lost motion when I return.  Also, (I'm a little embarrassed to say) I don't know the model.  It is a 1972 console, so I'd assume ABS to some degree, though I'd have to look again to confirm.  These details just don't stay in my head.  As I recall, the model # was not obvious and I didn't look extra hard to find it.  Didn't really seem relevant enough to me to start looking all over for a designation that wouldn't really give me any useful information (other than filling every one on the list in as to what exact beastie we are dealing with).    ;-]

William R. Monroe
  John, William, all,

  I sent this before, but I think it got lost somewhere along the way...

  Don Mannino once posted somewhere (Piano World maybe?) that Kawai uprights operate better with no or slightly negative lost motion.

  I've found Kawai upright actions to work quite well.  What model is it?  Wood or ABS parts?

  Good Luck,

  Dave Stahl