Who says E.T. is the best way to solve octave divisions?

Jason Kanter jkanter at rollingball.com
Tue Oct 30 09:39:28 MST 2007

Dean, you can get a much better sense of how these temperaments compare by
looking at the visual representations on my website www.rollingball.com .
Almost every one of the temperaments on your list is there. The W group are
well temperaments; the R and M groups are both meantone, emphasizing some
pure thirds; the Q group is "quasi-equal" -- attempts at equal temperament
before they had figured out how to use the beat rate of the thirds. The P
group is Pythagorean, emphasizing pure fifths. Your W25 is probably Kellner
not Keller -- one of the attempts at deciphering Bach's likely temperament.

Jason

--
         jason's cell 425 830 1561