No- shows..... again

Tom Servinsky tompiano at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 1 05:22:50 MDT 2008

Ed
Well said.  There are multiples ways you can deal with the occasional no
show. I agree that  finding a way which fits your comfort zone is best.. If
you're the type that wants to leave a bill and demand your time be
reimbursed, go for it  Been there, did that.
 Never, never, never did I ever get reimbursed with that approach. Plus I
lost the customer for good at that point.
  My current approach is to let sleepy giants sleep. Usually I have a lot of
other customers I can plug and feel that time on a short notice. I'll leave
my card and if an apology doesn't come my way in a very short order, the
customer is fired at that point. However most times it generally is an
honest mistake and the customers are very apologetic. If the customer offers
a little   something extra for my extra trip I'll usually down-play it and
say that isn't necessary, but graciously accept the gift.
Tom Servinsky