No- shows..... again

atonal at telusplanet.net atonal at telusplanet.net
Fri Aug 1 07:55:06 MDT 2008

I'm quite surprised that nobody has mentioned the obvious: phone your next
appointment to confirm that they are home. After a couple of no-shows years ago
when I first started private tuning, I make it a habit to quickly call and confirm that
they are indeed home and expecting me. If I get a message, I kindly remind them of
the tuning appointment, and they can contact me in the next half hour or I will have to
re-schedule. If there is no answer, I try again in 15 minutes. If there is still no
response, I either have a break, or can move my next tunings ahead and finish the
day earlier.

In most cases I get an apologetic phone call later and re-book the appointment.
Given the price of gas currently, phoning first seems obvious before driving across
the countryside hoping they remembered the appointment.

Regards,

Rob Kiddell RPT
Edmonton, Canada
www.atonal.ca