No- shows..... again

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Fri Aug 1 11:33:48 MDT 2008

Dean May wrote:

I had a no show a couple of weeks ago, a fairly long time customer in a small nearby town. Her door was open so I went in, tuned the piano and left an invoice. Always check the door. If it is open and it is a repeat customer who knows me I always go ahead and go in to tune it.

?

Turns out this lady had been taken to the hospital the morning before. She was out in a couple of days and sent me a check with a note of thanks that I went ahead and tuned her piano.

?

I consider now shows part of the "job description" of being a piano tuner. It happens, so I've built it into?my overall fee that?I charge.

As Dean mentioned, one of my no-shows called me a week later an apologized. She had also been taken to the hospital with a heart attack.?

I also call my?now shows to make sure they aren't in the house, but not hearing the knock. On one?occasion, she was talking on the phone with her mother,?when the call waiting came in. She answered me, and we wound up talking to each other on the phone, through the screen door. In another situation, when I called my customer, she said she was home.?When she opened her front door, she saw me standing, but not at her house. I was a couple of doors down the street.?She called out from her front porch, while I was?talking with her, "You're at the wrong house"

Wim

?