No- shows..... again

Thomas Cole tcole at cruzio.com
Fri Aug 1 11:19:20 MDT 2008

I had a similar long trip into the mountains to find that the owner was
not at home. I found the front door unlocked and since the piano was
just inside the door and I had tuned for the woman a couple of times
before, I decided to save the appointment and do the tuning.

Arriving home that evening, I got a call from a very irate woman who was
extremely upset that I had entered her house while she was gone
(forgotten about the tuning date) and now "The Whole World" knows that
she doesn't lock her front door and I let her go on venting hoping that
she wears herself out screaming at me instead of doing something else.

The only thing that would settle the argument was that I accepted half
of my fee. So I took it that entering a house without previous
arrangement is probably not a good policy and have refrained from doing
so ever since.

Another thing I learned, then and since is that either crazy people live
in the mountains or living in the mountains makes you crazy.

Tom Cole