Can I do some repair ?

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Aug 1 13:58:22 MDT 2008

I can imagine all sort of situations where something of this nature would have poor (or worse) results. That being said, a few times I have done this with great results. IMHO, much of our expertise-level work is deciding what is the appropriate maintenance/repair/etc., once a mechanically or arts-and-crafts oriented piano owner is shown how to do a particular task on a couple notes, they can do the remaining 86 notes. Again, one would need to pick the tasks and the piano owner carefully  - and realize everything could still blow up in your face - but the few times I've done this, all has worked out quite well for me and the owner.

Terry Farrell