Can I do some repair ?

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Fri Aug 1 14:26:07 MDT 2008

A few months back, I had an email inquiry from someone, not a client, who
had refinished her old upright. She wanted to know about leveling the keys.
I offered to come and do it but she just wanted free advice. I started
talking about punchings, front and center rails, key height and key dip,
then very quickly realized that I could wind up spending a lot of time
trying to type out a lot of free advice, so I directed her to the local
library which has the Reblitz book. Come to think of it, I'm not absolutely
certain Reblitz has key leveling and dip regulation, but I would imagine
that it does. I haven't heard another peep out of her. I should dig up the
old emails and follow up to see how it came out.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN