No- shows..... again

Joey Recker tech at onkeypiano.com
Fri Aug 1 16:32:56 MDT 2008

I leave a bill for my minimum "trip charge".  This results one of the
following:

1.	They call with great apology and re-schedule and pay the additional
fee with no complaints.
2.	They call to tell me of an emergency or something beyond their
control.  At that point I decide whether or not to charge the "trip charge"
based on my previous experience with the customer.  Many times I'll forgive
it if the appointment is close by.
3.	Only once has a customer refused to pay and complained.  Amazingly
she still wanted her piano tuned! But said that she didn't do business "that
way".  Meaning she would re-schedule but would not pay the trip charge.  I
refused to re-schedule until the charge was paid in full.  To date she has
never paid and she is on my short list of customers I refuse to tune for.
As a matter of fact; a good friend of mine is an appliance repairman and I
found out later that she was already on his list of customers he would not
work for.

Doesn't happen often, but it works for me.

  _____