Plate Lettering

Jude Reveley/Absolute Piano juderev at verizon.net
Sat Aug 2 07:30:37 MDT 2008

Hi Nick,

I do it the same way with Sign Lettering Paint (black enamel) and a thin brush; very time consuming and no coffee that day, but it yields a nice result and won't fade or smudge like the lacquer pens I've used. I would like to try some of the other items that have been suggested because I am steadier with a pen than a brush. As for lettering, I found a product that you can print your own custom decals on and it works great for scales, serial #s etc. The only drawback is that it doesn't lay as flat.

Jude Reveley, RPT
Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC
Lowell, Massachusetts
(978) 323-4545