Handy Manny

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Sat Aug 2 08:20:12 MDT 2008

I was watching "Handy Manny" with my son and I just had to share this with you.

  Manny was called to a concert hall because a few keys on the piano didn't sound right, and they had a concert tonight.  It was an upright, by the way, and it was blue.  He opened up the lid and couldn't find anything.  Then he opened up the bottom panel and discovered a toy mouse was caught between the strings.  The cat had lost her toy mouse in the piano.  What were they to do???  Handy Manny could fix it!  He said he needed some new pins, bushings, and piano wire.  Well, it just so happens that Manny's assistant pulled out a box of pins (the bushings were already attached to the pins, by the way) and a spool of piano wire from her bag and said, "will this do?"  Manny said, "that'll be perfect!".  He then proceeded with his saw, slip joint pliers, screwdrivers and hammer and removed the tuning pins and strings, and replaced them with new ones......all to get the toy mouse out from between the strings.

  I was thinking of sending this to Randy Potter for inclusion in his course, yes?

  Matthew