Plate Lettering

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 2 10:24:12 MDT 2008

List:
	It is possible to make your own decals and rub down letters.  You can get
decal paper and print from your printer. This decal paper makes the
water-slide type decals.  Google "make decal" and you'll find how to make
your own rub-down decals too.  You could make your own rub down
letters/numbers, or just make a decal of a whole serial number, or
whatever.  If you can get it into your compter, you can print it and make a
decal of it.  More work than purchasing ready-made, but it is possible.
	Paul McCloud
	San Diego

Paul McCloud
Service Technician for PianoSD.com
www.pianoservsd.com
Created with free BlueVoda software:
http://www.vodahost.com/partner/idevaffiliate.php?id=9223_1_3_9

Apparently
> the rub on numbers packets were aimed at the architects doing blueprint
> prep. Most blueprint work is ( now) done digitally, thus the demand for
> number transfers has shrunk.
> Decals Unlimited carries the numbers for about $20 for one set of number
> transfers which is outrageous. I understand the need for them to recoup
> their cost due to the cost of ordering for x amt. of specialty transfers.
> I'm just amazed that the supply of generic rub on numbers has disappeared
> from the shelves as quickly as they have.
> What are the rest of you using for string scale markings? I'm thinking of
> going to a series of rubber stamps but would prefer the clean lines of
the
> rub on transfers. Any thoughts?
> Tom Servinsky

Heck,