MH BB Pinblock

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Aug 2 11:34:45 MDT 2008

> No, I would not, Ron, but I have no experience with vertical hitches.

The hitches don't have anything to do with it. I just used
them as a means of dating when they did that.

>My original question to you was regarding the
> elimination of this design feature in a rebuild, although I know that
> was not David Love's question.

And I already said that if it was there originally, I replace
it that way.

>I have seen this done many times on
> Steinways, the new block not glued to the stretcher. Big no no, or no no
> no. I enjoy the woodworking and could never bring myself to not reglue a
> full fit block simply because it would look so cheesy, and cheesy is bad
> design, and never as strong, and sounds bad.
> Fenton

Sounds bad? I don't see how that equates. I've seen rebuilds
where the block wasn't reattached to the stretcher that
sounded just fine, just as I've seen rebuilds with block
firmly attached that sounded lousy.
Ron N