MH BB Pinblock

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Aug 2 13:33:46 MDT 2008

I tend to glue a block to the stretcher whenever possible. I don't usually
spend the time to do any fancy perfect joint, but often just glue in hard
maple spacers between the block and stretcher. Why? Because I chronically
overbuild because I don't know for sure how much effect it may or may not
have. But most stretchers as just a flimsy little piece of case wood and I
can't imagine it helps a whole lot. But maybe more than I think because at
least it's width is oriented vertically and will add some mass & stiffness
to the block - however small. So I do, but not because I am convinced to not
do so would make a significant difference.

Terry Farrell