MH BB Pinblock

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 2 14:19:55 MDT 2008

I suppose a fairly authoritative test could be done, thus:
Start with a piano with full fit pinblock. Record and measure the sound of
the piano in some controlled manner.
Use a Bolduc cutting wheel to disconnect the stretcher from the pinblock.
Nothing else has been changed.
Repeat the controlled recording and compare with the first recording.
Never mind hypotheses, just see if the sound is changed by cutting the
stretcher loose.
This would not be very difficult to do with a piano that was in the shop for
rebuilding.
Ed Sutton