MH BB Pinblock/Stretcher Definition

Jack Houweling jackhouweling at dccnet.com
Sat Aug 2 21:46:33 MDT 2008

Hi Andre',

Long time no hear.........When you lift the fallboard it touches the strecher.  Here are other names used for this part you might know.    Frontal bar: front bar (Pratt, Read & Co.) ; front rail (Baldwin, Schimmel) ; front beam;
upper beam (Kawai, Yamaha) ; stretcher (Jellen, Caskey); stiffener bar (Defebaugh); cornice (Steinway); bellyman strip.

Cheers,
Jack Houweling