Decapping the bridge - pegs

joel a. jones jajones2 at wisc.edu
Sun Aug 3 15:59:57 MDT 2008

Are these plugs called 'shoemakers pegs'.  They are great for plugging
holes & they were not pricey.
It's been years ago and I can't remember where I bought them, but they
must be available from
woodcrafters etc.

Joel Jones, RPT
Madison, WI

> Let me add another question - are you lads and lassies plugging the old
> bridge pin holes left in the root, or leaving them?  Particularly
> where you
> are leaving so much of the root, that would seem to be an important
> question
> here.

I plug them with little beech plugs that I got from a supplier long
ago.  They are about 1/8" square in section and pointed like the bottom
of a fence post.  I dip the point in glue and hammer them in, trimming
them flush when the glue has dried.

JD