MH BB Pinblock/Stretcher Definition

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Aug 4 02:18:40 MDT 2008

Just thought I'd look up on this in the Piano Nomenclature book given
out by Klaus Schimmel. Interestingly enough the only language that uses
the term in any form seems to be German.  In any case here are the terms
given in German, English, French, Italian, and Norwegian respectively

Vorstrecker
Lockbar
Panneau de devant
Fronte
Låsliste

Cheers
RicB

        On Aug 3, 2008, at 5:46 AM, Jack Houweling wrote:

         > Hi Andre',

         > When you lift the fallboard it touches the strecher.  Here
        are other
         > names used for this part you might know.    Frontal bar:
        front bar
         > (Pratt, Read & Co.) ; front rail (Baldwin, Schimmel) ; front
        beam;

    These make sense.