sorry

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Mon Aug 4 20:12:34 MDT 2008

Les

The damper head is hitting plate, as was indicated earlier.?The reason the damper guide rail hole cloth is wearing our is because the damper wire is not riding straight up and down through the hole, which is also why it is hitting the plate strut.?

What you want to do is?take the wire out of the damper flange, pull the flange?forward so that the damper wire is allowed to hang freely. Then?seat?the damper on the?string. Now look where the wire is in relationship to the damper flange. If it is hanging to the side, or too much to the front or back, you'll need to bend the wire. You want the damper wire?to?go into the hole of the damper flange without putting any kind of sideways or front to back pressure on the damper flange.

Wim