"Downer" piano

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Tue Aug 5 04:22:24 MDT 2008

I repaired a Yamaha grand which had the rear leg leg at an angle.
I simply drilled through the torn out lag screw holes with a 1/2" bit
and installed a long blot with washers and nuts on top of the shelf.

There might not be case damage because the piano probably took
a somewhat slow fall as the bolts bent and pulled out but you could
check for rim damage on the edge. Broken plate, doubtful.

Sell them a truck, leg dollies are not for them.
--

Regards,

Jon Page