"Downer" piano

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Aug 5 04:22:35 MDT 2008

Paul McCloud got it. You said it was a lag screw. Drill the area out, cut a hardwood (hard maple would be fine - or oak or ash, etc.) plug and epoxy the plug in there. Drill your screw hole, butter up the lag screw and drive it home. Back in business, just like new.

As for other damage, just survey all the joints you can, looking for movement. You'd be surprised how much of a whack a decent piano can take - it's probably just fine.

Terry Farrell