/steinway B

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Wed Aug 6 00:19:09 MDT 2008

Les'n list,

So, let's see.  Like Ric B said: For one [double cloth
bushed]  clacking damper?  What's going on here?  Everyone is telling
Mr. Bartlett to pull out all the dampers for one noise of
indeterminate origin?  Huh?  Early on, a few people tried to get some
additional information to be able to accurately diagnose the problem,
but such info has not been forthcoming.   Meanwhile, we've set to
work remanufacturing the piano.  Sorry Ric B.  You started it, I
think.  Oh well, it could be worse.  We could have had Ed Foote
coming up with a repair using his new favorite tool.  Get well Mr. Foote.

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson