/steinway B

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Aug 6 14:09:56 MDT 2008

Grin... I for one have assumed Les was telling us exactly what the
problem was from the beginning. Seems to me he has qualified exactly
that on a couple occasions afterwards so I shouldnt expect there would
be any additional info forthcoming.  Re doing an entire rail is hardly
remanufacturing the piano... tho to be sure a bit more involved then a
single plug and drill.  On the other hand again... its good experience
and worth the effort IMB.  Seems like we've had all in all a pretty good
round of it. So if "I" started it... well cool ! :)

Cheers
RicB

    Les'n list,

    So, let's see.  Like Ric B said: For one [double cloth bushed]
    clacking damper?  What's going on here?  Everyone is telling Mr.
    Bartlett to pull out all the dampers for one noise of indeterminate
    origin?  Huh?  Early on, a few people tried to get some additional
    information to be able to accurately diagnose the problem, but such
    info has not been forthcoming.   Meanwhile, we've set to work
    remanufacturing the piano.  Sorry Ric B.  You started it, I think.
    Oh well, it could be worse.  We could have had Ed Foote coming up
    with a repair using his new favorite tool.  Get well Mr. Foote.

    David Skolnik
    Hastings on Hudson