There was blood

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Aug 6 09:13:48 MDT 2008

I'm not sure that the Bolduc blade is any more dangerous than many of the
other tools we use: power planers, hand held routers and grinders, band
saws, chop saws, table saws.  All of them are capable of doing serious
damage.  Safety procedures are easy to ignore, especially since most of us
learned by the seat of our pants and weren't trained with formal safety
protocols.  Heavy leather gloves, a leather apron, safety goggles, dust
mask, where not to stand, what to push things through the saw with are easy
to ignore when we start thinking production over safety.  Ed's accident
should serve as a wakeup call to how we go about our work but it shouldn't
scare us away from using tools that carry some inherent danger if mishandled
but help us do a better job.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com