There was blood - safety

Joel A. Jones jajones2 at wisc.edu
Wed Aug 6 10:39:43 MDT 2008

David

Your comment about learning power tool safety by the seat of our pants
resonated with me.
While I still have all my fingers etc. I ponder each time I pull the
trigger if I really know where
I can steer the tool or where IT may lead me.

Since I don't use power saws, routers, etc on a regular basis I wonder
if you, or the list,
would have some sources that would emphasize safety in a effective
format?   There
must be somewhere that a hobby type tool user can see proper use with
some
mentoring on warning that 'you are not in trouble, STOP'  !!!!

Being an avid viewer of HGTV I get the message of safety glasses, ear
protection, dust
masks, and other safety protection.   However, it doesn't help seeing
the screaming blade
of the table saw with no guard cutting a 4x8 sheet of plywood.

What I may be asking is not only the safe operation, but maybe more
importantly the
safe set-up for using these common power tools.

Joel Jones, RPT
Madison, WI