Cutting rib radii

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Aug 7 03:25:09 MDT 2008

"...exactly the radii you want."

I think "radii" implies a circle or an arc thereof. If you apply pressure to
the mid-point of a board (or rib), the end portions will be near straight
and the center area will have the most curve. Yes, you can produce the
target "crown" measurement in the middle, but the shape of the curve will
not be an arc.

I guess then, the question might be: what shape rib is optimal?

Terry Farrell